- Allow your employees as much control and choice over the work they perform as possible. Nothing causes stress quicker than having a manager constantly breathing down your back. Trust your staff to find efficient ways to get the job done.
- Offer flexible hours whenever possible. Consider whether it's absolutely necessary that everyone in the office be present every day during business hours. Encourage your staff to take some time off in the afternoon to exercise, go shopping, read a book or do whatever de-stresses them.
- Let employees work from home when appropriate. This shows you trust they will get the job done and produce quality work even when you're not there to check. Studies have shown that productivity increases when a motivated employee is allowed to work from home.
- Create an ergonomic environment to relieve physical stresses in the workplace. Make sure all the furniture is comfortable. Buy flat screens and ergonomic keyboards and mice for the computers. Pay for strong lighting and get someone to clean the windows at least once a month.
- Build a relaxation room and encourage your employees to use it. Include comfortable furniture, healthy snacks and books, magazines and videos or DVDs on relaxation techniques like yoga, meditation and visualization.
- Schedule fun events periodically to help your employees and managers bond out of the workplace. The key is not to require anyone to attend but make them so enjoyable that people feel left out if they don't.
- Treat your employees right. The best way to manage stress in the workplace is to prevent it. Make sure no one's working longer hours because they don't earn enough from a 40-hour week. Reward excellent work with bonuses and special privileges.
Stress Management: How to Reduce, Prevent, and Cope with Stresswww.helpguide.org/mental/stress_management_relief_coping.htmQuick Stress Relief How to Stop Worrying Relaxation Techniques
Learn how to manage this condition by changing the way you respond to stress, making time for relaxation and learning healthier coping strategies.
What Is Stress? How To Deal With Stresswww.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/145855.php
We generally use the word "stress" when we feel that everything seems to have become too much - we are overloaded and wonder whether we really can cope with the ...
Psychology Help Centerwww.apa.org/helpcenter
APA's Psychology Help Center is an online consumer resource featuring articles and information related to psychological issues affecting your daily physical and ...
Stress Symptoms, Signs & Causes: Effects of Stress Overloadhelpguide.org/mental/stress_signs.htm
Don't let stress hijack your life. Learn the signs and causes of stress overload and what you can do to help yourself.
American Institute of Stress is dedicated to advancing the ...www.stress.org
Details ways to identify and manage stress effectively.
Business Know-How - Business ideas for small business and home ...www.businessknowhow.com
Small business and home business ideas and resources from Business Know-How. Small business marketing, management, internet marketing, business loan and finance ...
How to be a Programmer: A Short, Comprehensive, and Personal Summarysamizdat.mines.edu/howto/HowToBeAProgrammer.html
To be a good programmer is difficult and noble. The hardest part of making real a collective vision of a software project is dealing with one's coworkers and ...
Stress and Stress Management - Causes, Symptoms, Stress Relief ...stress.about.com
Stress comes in many forms, and affects us all differently. Find stress management info and tools for your unique needs. We offer free, effective ways to relieve stress.
IT Help Desk management - How to build an IT Help Deskbuildahelpdesk.com
What is a Help Desk? Wise Geek states A help desk is a resource designed to provide end users with information and assistance regarding problems with computers and ...
Free Management Library (SM)managementhelp.org
Welcome to the Free Management Library, a comprehensive resources regarding the leadership and management of yourself, other individuals, groups and organizations.